Transition to Management (TTM) is a skill building workshop suited best for newly appointed managers. It will prepare them to face unfamiliar situations, and recognize the various personality styles of those they manage in order to tailor their leadership approach accordingly. This workshop gives new managers the skills necessary to fulfill their new responsibilities with confidence.
• Organizational Expectations
• Clarifying your vision
• Consequences of poor communications
• Mr. “X” Case Study
• Persona Trust Model
• Description vs. Judgement
• Communication Style Matrix
• Management Styles
• Four Elements of Trust
• Strengths & weaknesses in Trust Building
• Behaviors of a person projecting empathy
• Establishing Rapport
• Style & empathy feedback
• Style Recognition exercises
• How each style reacts to tension
• Maintenance cycle
• Defensive behavior
• Growth spiral
• Fostering Growth - Professionalism
• Understanding flexibility
• Behaviors of a flexible person
• Flexibility feedback
• Flexibility & Situational Leadership
• Cooperation & Team Building
• Bingo game
• In business, what each style responds to
• A six-step negotiation process
Role-play Mr. “X”
Online or mobile application
01. Self-perception Survey
Participants’ perception of their own communication style.02. Respondent Survey
Participants receive feedback about how a peer or colleague perceive their Style, Empathy and Flexibility.03. Gameplan Case Study
Role playing on how the participant communicates with a “real life” difficult person.
MOBILE APPLICATIONAll participants can acquire access to Persona’s expert system Gameplanning Software on the iPhone or Android phone to meet future communication challenges. This cutting edge technology help users:
• Reach greater retention and proficient use of acquired skills.
• Take notes, share information/listener profiles with managers and colleagues.
• Include specific benefits their clients are listening for.The app provides business support and reinforcement; it enables delegates to “Prep” themselves just before an important interaction with anyone they need to persuade, influence or motivate.